Monday, November 29, 2010

Vintage Button Molds

Have you ever heard of Amazing Mold Putty? I received some a couple weeks ago and had the chance to try it out last week. It truly is amazing. I went through my button box (it used to belong to my grandma, so most of these buttons are 30 or more years old!) and found an awesome variety of buttons to make reproductions of and use in card-making.


All you have to do is combine equal amounts of the two different putties that are in the package. You only have a couple of minutes to work. I mixed the putty and pressed the button right into it, flattening it into the table. It sets up in 20 minutes. Here are are a few of the buttons after they were removed from the mold.





For the button with buttonholes, I just bent the mold (it's very flexible) and snipped off the little bumps with scissors. I think a bit of bling will look pretty good right in the center of that button!


I made thirty molds in a short afternoon, and barely made a dent in the container!


Look at the detail! I am trying this one out with Opalettes embossing powder. I just filled the mold with the embossing powder and put it into my little craft oven at 350 degrees for a couple minutes. It can take temperatures up to 375 degrees!



Look at the detail! I can't wait to use this on a card! It's lightweight, too!


Next, I want to try polymer clay in these molds and bake them. I will post pictures then! I'm really happy with this product and what I'll be able to do with it.

No comments: